Arizona Plein Air Painters- 3rd Place

At the Arizona Plein Air Painters "Painters View " show this piece took 3rd Place. This was painted in Tubac last winter. I had made a trip down there to drop off some paintings and was determined to paint while there. It was so cold- I was able to finish up just as the started to sleet on me. My car temp. said 28 degrees, to you guys who live in cold country that's nothing but to a desert girl that is just plain COLD. Phil Starke was the judge so it really menas a lot to me to have his OK. Check out his work and his newsletter that is very helpful to artists at www.philstarke.com He is one artist who happily gives to other artists rather than try to keep his "secrets of painting" to himself like so many others do. This is an oil, "Arizona Winter Wonderland" .

Comments

Popular Posts