Simplified Palette


Went out to paint the Salt River Marsh with my new little thumb box- it worked out so nice. I did a challenge to myself with an assignment that was given to me by Gabor Svagrik in Tucson. He made us put out only 3 colors plus white. At first I thought how boring this piece is going to be but instead out came a wonderful little painting. Simple yet so many colors can come out of a simple palette. I chose Alizarin Crimson, Ultra Marine Blue, and Yellow Ochre (Varsari Paints) plus titanium white. For landscapes here in the desert that combo worked great. I think if I were painting in Hawaii I would probably just change out the yellow to a Cad. yellow light to get those powerful greens. Try it out yourself, it makes your pack so much lighter and lets you spend your time studying the landscape in front of you, not digging around in your backpack for another color tube.
Thumb box made by Jerry Pond- 928-634-1212

Comments

Candy Barr said…
Nice Cindy. Hope I can join up with you some day this winter!

Popular Posts