Painting in Colorado- Drive over Mount Evans, Co.

Is this sweet or what! A mom and baby mountain goat- I should have looked up the proper name but I am luck to get the photo posted at all. Took the drive over Mount Evans which is 14,000 plus high and no guard rails. But what views! The clouds are below you as you drive. Little summer flowers- green grass - and 43 degrees. A thick fog came in with rain within 6 minutes. Crazy and beautiful.
Summit Lake, cold wind, prehistoric shaped rocks, colorful lichens in pinks, yellow, greens, tans on the rocks. Yes, I am cold. When I left home it was 117 so bit of a change---
Bristle Pine trees, some over a 1,000 years old. All twisted and bent, thick and tough. Able to withstand the hard winds, intense sunlight, ice, snow yet grow. They hunker down to the ground. Strange sight to see but a good example of endurance.
Waterfalls come out of rocks along side the road, tumbling cold clear water.
Today I am headed south to the Larkspur area where I hear of many beautiful old farm building, and farm equipment. After painting last year in Victor I am more confident to tackle the machinery and old trucks. Hope to come home with a keeper to take into the Earthwood Gallery in Boulder---- rather than a nice pile of grey paint. Grateful to be here.

Comments

Popular Posts