Santa Fe Show at the Sage Gallery


Coming up this March is a show that I am real excited about. It is at the Sage Gallery in Santa Fe, NM. I painted in New Mexico last summer and discovered that what I had heard was correct. The light did seem clearer and colors sharp. I think it is because there was no smog. The sky is a colbalt blue, and every turn in the road was beautiful. This show is called the Nomadas del Artes, which means Art Nomads. There are 200 artists who had one year to paint 2 paintings. We had to restrict our locations to be in 5 states. Here are the two pieces I am sending in. The one on the left is a 12"x16" piece called "Abandoned Adobe in Taos". This spot was so beautiful, and the old little decrepid adobe was so cool. Taos is an unusual town. We had the good fortune to spend a week in a friends lovely home. I was able to head out each morning and paint all day. Both Santa Fe and Taos need to be on your list of places to explore. The painting on the right is a 9"x12" done in Cornville, AZ called "Old One". This huge old cottonwood is along the Oak Creek in a large ranch. I was there in the summer and there was actually a bit of a breeze to keep me from leaving. The temps are about 10 degrees cooler there, and this was painted mid summer. You can see these paintings larger on my website. The show starts on March 7th and I will be there for the reception and of course to paint. Last trip we made new friends and I really look forward to seeing them again, and to paint one of the most beautiful artist friendly states, New Mexico. One of the most refreshing things about that state is it is proud to display its Mexican heritage. Adobe buildings really are everywhere, great green chile in the small towns and pueblos that are ancient to visit and explore. The land is open and clean, the sky changing by the hour. Do take the High Road to Taos and stop along the way at every chance you get.

Comments

Popular Posts