Snow in Payson Arizona & the Rim

Two weeks ago I saw on the weather report that there was new snow on the Rim. That means that there usually will be snow in Payson. I packed up the gloves and headed out. This was painted in town at the golf course, the rim is in the distance. The snow was melting so you could hear drips, and cracking. On the spot where I was standing the snow would melt under my feet, then refreeze. I spend a good deal of time just trying to stand still with out sliding. A couple hours later back into my van, my toes were frozen. As much as I complain about the heat in the summer I guess I truly am a desert person to the core. I was all bundled up while in Payson that day, but all the "natives" were in light jackets. I'm sure they could tell I was from the Valley. This 11"x14 "Snow Crunch" is at the Sedona Art Center. You can see all the paintings in that show at www.arizonapleinairpainters.com on the Sedona Show link.

Comments

Popular Posts