Plein Air - Paint from life

I realize that I say this over and over but that is because painting from life changed my painting life. Whether you set up a table with old dishes and odd stuff on your patio, pull up your easel and paint it in the natural lite, or pack up your gear and set up out in nature, you will learn and grow every time you do it. Even my worst days outdoor painting were a learning experience, sometimes all I learned was don't wear perfume, bees like it. I will be teaching two workshops, both on weekend days, both to help you get over the hump and get out to paint. You don't need to have all the trappings like I have here in this photo, even a small sketch pad, colored pencils sitting in a car is a good time. Don't wait for the perfect gear, all the lessons in the world can't replace just making yourself go out and do it. You can check my website for more info and what each class covers, or go to The Farm website and call them to make your reservation. I will send out info soon on classes that will be held out on locations around the Valley, for one/two day workshops this spring/summer. In the mean time, take out that dusty old sketchbook from college, pull out a marker or a pen and start to draw. Even if all you draw is your iced tea glass sitting in front of you, do it.
*Sunday, April 13th 2:00pm to 4:30pm $20.00/$30.00Kit
Watercolor Journals & Sketchbooks

*
Saturday, April 26th 9:30am-11:00am $20.00

Plein-Air Painting-How to prepare? What do I pack?



Comments

Popular Posts