Sedona Winters


Yes, I know this is kind of a corny photo but isn't really amazing? The rainbow really did go down into the canyon. The sun was setting real low, heavy cloud cover, and it had been snowing during the day. Our show for Az plein air painters was a success with a steady stream of people coming in and sales. Two of my paintings were also accepted into the Sedona Art Center members show- that was cool. I worked on two paintings done here and again it was a struggle getting the reds & yellows to work and not look garrish. The snow on those colored rocks is just wonderful. Here is a contrast for you- those flowers are in my front yard, it is spring in Az and it is wonderful. Every year we get some very unusual little wild flowers in pinks & purples. Here I just painted in snow and froze my toes only to come home to this! Enjoy.

Comments

Popular Posts