Abend Gallery in Denver

YEA!!! My frozen toes and 3 wipe offs were worth the effort. This painting won 2ND place at the Abend Gallery in Denver at the Plein Air Painters of Colorado Juried Show. While painting this piece I noticed that the other artists around me were comfortably talking and enjoying the weather, it was sunny but COLD. At least cold for a Arizona girl, I couldn't feel my toes. That's when I quit messing with it and probably saved the painting from my overworking it. It means so much to me to have been awarded this from the judge Ramon Kelly. I so admire his work. Wow, I need the boost right now. As my artist friend Leslie reminded me, paint the shapes, don't worry about what the subject is. I have always said I can't paint snow, I can't but I can paint shapes and that is a good start.

Comments

Popular Posts