Painting on Catalina Island in March 2009

I just love it when I can be looking forward to a trip- and especially one to Catalina Island, CA. This March 2009 I will be teaching a workshop in the town of Avalon called "Painting on the Move". This little getaway town is famous for its casual feel with small homes nestled on the hillsides, the marina full of colorful boats. You never know what the weather will be like but such is the life of a painter. The class will be called "Painting on the Move". As a painter you need to be ready for weather (fog, sunshine), travel and most things out of your control. When you learn to travel light and just be ready to make the best of where you are at you will be surprised how many wonderful little paintings are right in front of you. We can spent alot of wasted time walking and looking for just he perfect scene when it was probably right where you set your pack down. Come for a fun, relaxing, weekend on the lovely isle of Santa Catalina, bring your paints and canvas. I will have information on lodging with some good deals, also the ferry info for you at a later time. This weekend is designed for the artist that has some basic skills in painting but is not comfortable yet with painting on site. I will give you a basic and simple list of supplies before the class and some simple homework to help you get the most out of the classes. It will run over a weekend to make it totally workable to travel to LA hop onto the Ferry for the weekend. If you would like more information just write me at contact@cindycarrillo.com and watch my website for more details as I get it all worked out.

Comments

Jill Berry said…
Your blog is nice. We have the same taste - mine has the same style - black background.
One blog is enough to keep up, huh?
Did you clip and paste the text, then add the photos seperately when you shared this on Plein Air Artist? I can't get their link thing to work.(It would be so easy to just link-up to my Plein Air Painting Journal) I saw that your website linked to your post over there. I guess it keeps everything seperate, plein air postings and not.

Popular Posts