Estes Park Paintout-Earthwood Gallery

Wow does Colorado do August right! When the daytime temps are around 82 degrees- that makes summer a lot easier to handle. After some serious computer problems now ironed out I will have images of all my paintings that I finished while in the Rocky Mountain National Park to show. They are all at the Earthwood Gallery in Estes Park. At the end of painting period all the artist's came in to turn in their works. A quick draw was held on Saturday morning- with 90 minutes to get down in paint the scene before you. I love and hate these events, very stressful with no time to scrape off and start over. You really have to go with what you know. The pieces are then held up in an auction. What did I learn from this trip? That I need to work on painting figures in the landscape, cars in the landscape and cows. Seems simple enough but each of the subjects are unique and when done wrong they scream off the canvas that you have no idea how to paint them. Painting in a landscape that is so foreign to me was hard, and a struggle to get the greens not muddy and not emerald green, but with subtle value changes. I also identified 4 different types of pine trees- each with branches that hang from the main trunk in a different way- and that silhouette is unique for that type of tree. Not only did I get to paint amazing beauty, I also was able to meet up with other artists and share stories. My next post will have all my newest paintings that you can find at the Earthwood Gallery in Estes Park, Colorado. If you are interested in knowing more about them you can call the gallery and ask for Ron or Ann.

Comments

Popular Posts