Rocky Mountain National Park & Earthwood Gallery

I am in Rocky Mountain National Park- 63 degrees misty with the occasional sprinkles. Finished a painting under the back hood of my van. I will post that soon. This place is like a picture book with one scene after the other that is too amazing. So much to paint and draw and photograph. The Women of the West show opening is tonight at the Earthwood Collections in Boulder, Colorado. My new still lifes are in this show- we will see how they are received. We are all loving the weather. Huge billowy clouds form in just minutes. I have learned that the weather in this part of Colorado changes so fast. You need to always have a good jacket and hat in the car and sunblock for the intense sunshine. They don't seem to have a lot of air up here either. I am out of breath all the time.



Waterfalls are everywhere- tumbling with huge rocks- rocks the size of a van. The next picture is of a double rainbow- with the colors as pure as paint. This place is totally worth planning a family trip to. Stay in Boulder or Estes Park and bring your hiking shoes and camera.

Comments

Popular Posts