California Painting-Frank Bette Art Center

Frank Bettes Art Center Plein Air Paint-out in Alameda California

What I great way to start my week. In my InBox on Monday morning was a Congratulations You are invited to participate in the Frank Bette Art Center Paint-out this July. I had applied for it because it really sounded fun. I is in Alameda California, on the bay near San Fran. It has been years since I have been in that part of Calif., it is beautiful. Can't wait to try my hand at the old Victorian homes, marinas filled with boats, and the city streets. A bit nervous too, none of those things are subjects that I paint everyday. It is really out of my element. If you are just stepping out to enter shows that are juried all I can say is go for it. Do your homework, don't apply for a show that the judge is an abstract person if you paint in realism. Here I almost didn't apply and now I will be painting in northern California this summer. Check out the website to learn more about their paint-out. Like the silly ad says, you can't win if you don't play-- you can't go to paint-outs if you never enter. Do it. Write me if you need places to find good show opportunities that might work for you. http://www.frankbettecenter.org/PAPo08.htm

Comments

Mike Sheppard said…
Hi Cindy - Saw your blog and just had to say, "Welcome." We're looking forward to you visiting us. You'll have a great time. Cheers, Mike Sheppard, President, FBCA

Popular Posts