Estes Park Plein Air Paint-out Colorado

I have been preparing my paint boxes getting ready to head up to Colorado for the Estes Park PLein-Air Paint-out. This little 6"x8" thumb-box is one of my favorites made by Gorilla box and sold by Judson Art Supplies www.pochade.com. Also coming along is the same box but 12"x16" and also a thin Open Box M ,www.openboxm.com. Each has it's special purpose. Since I have a van I can bring them all along and use the one that suits the situation. If you haven't picked out a box check out these two companies. They both have great customer service and good products. The artists in this event have from Aug.9th to Aug.22 to paint, frame and turn in their pieces. The QuickDraw is on Sat. the 23 so is the reception and the announcement of the award winners. Having been there last year I do know where I want to go back to and set up and a couple of new spots to check out. Sometimes I dump all my previous plans when a great scene opens up in front of me. Estes Park is just outside of the entrance to the Rocky Mountain National Park and a neat little town. My paintings will be hanging at the Earthwood Collections Gallery. These folks really treat us artists nice and are very supportive the whole time. I look forward to having a go at the vibrant greens of the pine trees and the grasses, and trying to do a better job of the sharp rugged mountains. Even in August there is snow on the peaks. If you have never been to Colorado try to make a trip there. It is a great road trip with scenery that changes the whole way. Check out the webcam on the link www.mcgregormountainlodge.com
to see some great views of the mountains. At www.earthwoodartisans.com you will see info on the hosting gallery. www.rockymountainnationalpark.com will give you a glimpse of what there is to see. Waterfalls, clean clear streams, moose, elk, and lots of green.

Comments

Popular Posts