Arizona Does too have Seasons

As our summer is coming down on us fast I have been looking at the winter scenes I completed this year. The desert is amazing in the cold of winter, snow on mesquite trees, ice in the washes, where in a couple of months the dust will rise up from the heat. We do too have seasons, those who say otherwise just are not very observant. Our desert is ever changing it is a challenge to try and get what I see and feel onto the canvas. The next couple of months there will be blossoms on the cactus, white flowers on saguaros, brilliant pinks and reds on the mammalaria. It is getting hot but not hot enough to not be able to paint anytime of day. This painting was done down by Tubac in February. Before I was done sleet was hitting my hat and the fog covered the mountains. Since I am a cold weather whimp I finished up when I couldn't feel my fingers. If you have not been down to The Farm at South Mountain you better head down soon before they close up for the summer. The sweet peas and hollyhocks are in bloom and the sunflowers are reaching up to the sky.

Comments

Candy Barr said…
Nice Cindy! What a thing to have hollyhocks in the desert. Lovely description with compelling landscape ~ Always fun to be near water.

Popular Posts