Crazy times

I have been most negligent in postings here on my blog. Life has got in the way, and in a good way. As much as we set our schedule, for domestic life, painting, friends- times come up where you just have to toss all that aside and not get frazzled. In the last month I have become a nana to the sweetest little girl (Middle child Michael see his blog) and become a mother-in-law (again this time my oldest son Tony- see his blog). We are prepping for the big wedding and partys that go along with all that. Not much time for painting- that would have really bothered me in the past but now I realize we need to savor the moments with our family while we have them. During one brief afternoon while down at the Farm I did this little piece. The view is from the Artist Studio looking towards Mayas Place- and her organic garden. Sorry for the blur- I was tired. If you don't have time to paint your usual size - don't even try- do starts, or a little piece like a 5"x7" or 6"x8". Don't even try to finish- just get down color notes. You can always go back into them if need be. If your life is just way over the top right now, no time to bring out the paints, then just be very observant. Study your surroundings, layout in your head the composition for a painting, what temperatures do you see. Many times I have put my work over my family or friends, and usually regret it. Do that too often and you will not have any family coming over to see you and you will have plenty of alone time to work. See, I have learned something as I age gracefully!

Comments

Popular Posts