My old home in Superior Arizona

This morning I headed up to my hometown of Superior, AZ. Before setting up to paint I decided to take a drive through town and go by my old home where I grew up. It was gone. Not just gone but nothing was left. The trees, fence, even the house next door is gone. The new mining company rebuilt the old hospital where I was born and leveled everything around it. That included that wonderful little home of brick that my parents and sister lived in for over 25 years. It is as if it never existed. Very weird. Never did paint, just drove straight back to Tempe. If I did paint it would have been in very dull colors today.

Comments

Unknown said…
So Sorry for your loss! My first home was absorbed by the University here in Tucson and converted into a parking lot. I was fortunate enough to have gone by the day they raised it and got a stone from the mantel to put in our garden. Very sad. Even worse, My mother grew up in Morenci and I have very fond memories of visiting my grandparents home overlooking the town. That home and town are all part of the pit now, so I can at least imagine how you must feel. At least we have our memories!

Popular Posts