Painting in New Mexico

This past July I was able to paint in the Santa Fe and Taos. This piece was done on a bluff overlooking Santa Fe on the highway to Taos. The storm clouds were changing so fast and lightning eventually forced me back into the car. The air is so clean and clear in New Mexico and the terrain has so much variety. I will be back in Santa Fe in March for a show at the Sage Gallery, and to paint of course. If you haven't been to this part of the country, do plan a trip. There are old adobes everywhere and lovely old churches, great green chile, colbalt blue skys, open space, and an endless variety of scenery. This 8"x10" won 1st Place in the Tucson Plein Air Painters show in 2008 at the Max Gallery. TPAPS serves painters in southern Arizona and is a great group to paint with.

Comments

Unknown said…
Congratulations on your win!! I wish I would have known about the show at Max's. I would have loved to attend. I think your painting is spectacular! One of those rare gems that really captures the scale, the excitement and even the smells of a New Mexico thunder storm. Bravo!

Popular Posts