Wisdom & the Dreamer

There is a wonderful little book out that no matter what your passion, you will be able to take something away from this read. It is written by Kristen Thies. Her husband is an amazing oil painter, even more amazing is he is humble and good. Those two qualities do not always go together! I met Tim Thies in a class I was taking at the Scottsdale Artist School with Mark Daily. It had to be the hardest oil painting class I had ever taken and was on edge the first couple of days. As I often do I set up my easel in the back so others aren't looking at my stuff, which turned out to be really silly since everyone in the class was far to busy trying to listen and apply what Mark was saying. Everyone seems to be having their own struggles, they were not turning out their usual work but trying to push themselves. That is what Mark Daily did for me and others in that class. Tim Thies was set up next to me and had the pleasure of hearing me grown and fret over what was NOT happening on my canvas. He happily shared ideas, his own frustrations, and never once let on who, or how well he painted. I did not find out till several days into the class his last name and about fell over ~ he was teaching at the Scottsdale Artist School the very next week! When talking with him I learned about Kristens new book and had to get it. It is so informative, uplifting without being corny, and applicable to anyone who creates.
Wisdom & the Dreamer by Kristen Thies published by West Wind Fine Arts. You can order it from the Scottsdale Artists School in Scottsdale, (duh ) Az. AND it was only about $30.00.

Comments

Popular Posts