The Artist Studio Residency

I start my residency at The Farm at South Mountain next week. In the mean time I have been painting there already since the temps. have finally dropped down alot here in the Phx area. There are several old farmhouses on The Farm property, little old bungalows that are really great. Swamp coolers in them, the doors swell in wet weather, and wood floors. We have art classes going starting this fall. Some are held in the Artist Studio others on the back porch. We try to have a very welcoming environment so the novice and the professional will feel comfortable and benefit. If you have always wanted to try a medium out and was a bit hesitant, I suggest you try a class with The Artist Studio. Oil painting, knitting, ceramics, watercolor, drawing. I have an oil painting class on Tuesday mornings, and Sunday afternoons from mid-Oct. to mid-Nov. This week I am getting my canvas's ready, and have been scoping out the scenes. It is really great to again get out of my comfort zone, no cactus here , rows of fresh vegtables, flowers, and hugh old pecan trees. Here is a little 5/7 that was meant to be a study but really turned out to look and feel like that afternoon was- warm in the sun with a cool breeze. Casual, comfortable and welcoming. That is The Farm. 32nd St. between Baseline & Southern in Phoenix. Check out artstudio-thefarm.org

Comments

Popular Posts