Finding beauty behind Denny's

While in Pinetop for a friends party I wanted to take the time to stop and get in a small painting. We didn't have much time for wandering around looking for the perfect spot. I have spent way too much time trying to find the view that has everything including shade for me and the easel. I know this little town very well including the back roads but could not decide where to go. While thinking about it I pulled off the road behind a Denny's. There behind the restaurant was this wonderful view. It had rained from a recent monsoon with more to come, the red soil was muddy and colorful. Golden eye filled the field along with sunflowers. I could have driven around for ever trying to match this and here it was right in front of me. Some days when it seems hard to find what you are look for to paint you are better off to just stop and paint what is in front of you. Always chose to paint, do not just say forget it for today, get out and put the paint onto the canvas. As always go back to the basics, large shapes that work as as abstracts. If you don't have the time to look for that idea spot, you might just find it right out your window or car door!

Comments

Popular Posts