Blooms at The Farm

The Residency started this week at The Farm in Phx with an Open House that went all day. What a great time, friends from my past even showed up. If you came, thank you for making my day great! I started today on my Farm series where I hope to find views that a just a little different, where most people might have walked by. The flowers are glorious , zinnas left from summer, and mums 6 feet high. Maya garden is an organic garden with produce, and flowers for the public and for the local chefs. What hard work the constant pulling weeds, keeping the pests under control and keeping little kids from tromping on the veges. Our art classes are in full swing with new ones getting on the schedule all the time. I have an oil painting class on Sunday afternoons and on Tuesday mornings. Our goal here is to keep it accepting, informal but with classical teaching. Egos need to be left at the door for instructors and students alike. I happen to like the pressure that you get from some classes/workshops but for people who are just stepping out to try an art medium for the first time, no need for added pressure.
What did I learn today? That it is more fun to teach students who want to learn than those who argue with you all the time! I learned to set back and not assume what I see when I put it down. After making a major blunder with one of my Cottage paintings, (perspective TOTALLY off), I am sketching and working on the basics again of perspective. It is never good to see your error in a painting that is already framed and on the wall or sent out to the public. UGH. Live and learn! Check out our new classes and try something new. And don't wait till 2009, you'll be too busy then too. The Farm: 32nd St. between Baseline & Southern in Phx.
www.cindycarrillo.com
www.artstudio-thefarm.org

Comments

Popular Posts